Sunday, January 26, 2014

Incredible India

A blend of culture, a mix of religion,
India is - my country, my Nation.
An abode of thousands of Gods, a land of faith,
A union of seven territories and twenty eight states.

The beauty of Kashmir, the weather of Bangalore,
The abundant flora and fauna, the riches of monazite ore,
The warriors of Punjab, the South Indian brain;
The heat of summer or the monsoon’s rain.

Not just one, but the combination of all,
With love and dignity, United we stand tall.
Living together, in joy and in sorrow,
We all just hope, for a more developed tomorrow.

I pledge today to protect the children, the women, the poor, the weak,
To strive together for the peace we seek.
I Stand with my head high, bowing it before the flag of my nation,
To live for it till the day of my cremation.

-- Arsh

4 comments: